Recent Posts

Monday 9 May 2011

Let printing commence for t-shirts. Screenprinting Session 1

Production has begun with the t-shirts, after picking up a range of colours from primark in a few sizes as testers, I set out to produce the design in screenprinting. At around £2.50 a t-shirt, costs aren't too bad at this stage and a few pounds for the screen, just to get a tester for colours and scale.

To save obvious costs for printing, I chose to just print one design and if any changes were made.



Although I love the process, I just wasn't getting the results I wished for the t-shirt quality. The ink chosen was a silver which used silver flake mixed to create the gloss finish.. Really nice finish although the flake in the ink clogged the screen after every 2-3 pulls which meant the process was very time consuming. depending on if it was the first or the third pull meant different results and a lack of consistency, taking out the equation human error.





Although occasionally getting a good print will be ruined with a small piece escaping off the screen in production, no matter how careful you can be, it always seems to happen.

I think with the results I have been getting with the t-shirts I need to find a new direction of print for the designs, hopefully as cost effective and much more consistent with quality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment